Many Inventors trying to give their product ideas showcase are totally crushed by rejection. So, I thought I gives a involving some of this reasons you really can have gotten denied. It does not cover every reason you could get rejected, but hopefully it will give you something to think about.
You want realize that inventing is fundamentally a numbers gameplay! Yes, you still need to enjoy a good idea but you will find that no matter How To Patent An Invention good a perception you might think it is that you could still get rejected. Many marketable ideas are rejected all period. Even if it does not make sense to you that would certainly reject an example that they agree would be profitable. Here’s some common the actual reason why even marketable ideas are rejected.
1. The company may already have a complete collection of providers not desperate to add more.
2. Make use of this is outside their marketplace.
3. You sent your submission into the wrong an affiliate the company – don’t assume they’ll automatically send it to the correct one.
4. You sent the idea unsolicited without contacting vehicle first to check their submission policy, and they usually rejected it solely on that essence.
5. You didn’t have proper contact about your the distribution. (That is one of the highest mistakes Inventors make. The corporation will not bother to you up.)
6. Possess too many similar providers that market is flooded plenty of.
7. Your idea appeals to a small niche market and desire mass market items.
8. The price to manufacture versus the return on investment is simply high.
9. Profits sheet did not WOW them and lacked consumer benefits information or was overloaded with great deal information to sort by simply.
10. Your products has already been patented by someone else and want to determine if they goes around it or risk infringement factors.
11. Your product or idea isn’t much better what is on the market. This tells them you didn’t research your idea okay and don’t have a clue who competitors is thats available.
12. You sent a product that is just like their current product and that current device is a marginal seller. So yours will not fare any better.
13. Your idea is outdated or is on the downswing whenever compared with what isn’t too far off out one year afterwards.
14. They already have a better solution than yours in the works for release that coming . (This is also where Inventors may scream the company stole their idea regardless of whether the company has already invested in molds, engineering, samples, etc prior on the Inventor contacting the company about their idea. Transpires a entire lot. Inventors forget that they are not the only ones creating.)
15. They have already received to correct idea from another Inventor and are in negotiations with that Inventor.
16. A person posted your idea unprotected online inside a of those invention posting sites where others vote on goods to find out there is interest. Your public disclosure makes the concerned whether any patent protection would be allowed and turns it down derived from that issue.
17. You posted your unprotected idea and video of the running prototype online and have a significant quantity of hits. This again raises the concern whether any patent would be possible because of your public disclosure.
18. You stated that you have an issued patent, but when they participate in a quick explore your patent they discover that it has lapsed due to non-payment of fees and it has been lapsed significantly following due date. Making the chances of it being reinstated unlikely.
19. You have a patent, truly was poorly written and doesn’t cover the particular product. (This happens a lot)
20. It is easy to design patent and designing around your patent is a simple task, to ensure that you they should be expecting very little protection avaiable for purchase.
21. Sometimes the company you have approached just doesn’t take a outside ideas and doesn’t publicize i’m not sure. So you get a rejection letter, scalar.usc.edu but websites explain they don’t really look outside the company.
22. You sent them your product but they have already decided on their line for the year and therefore following year and are not open to taking on anything else at that time.
23. Simply consider items with a sales history they can review your item never been being produced or sold stores or online. In order that they do not require to take the risk of being the first company advertising it.
As I stated above these are a few within the reasons you should have your idea/product rejected with company. Really take the time to on your own and invention companies understand your market, your put in that market and do your part become worse yourself as marketable as we possibly can.